Welcome to Carle Class!
Our class teacher is Mrs Browne and our teaching assistant is Mrs Baldwin. We will be learning through the seven areas of the curriculum which are:
- Communication and Language
- Personal, Social and Emotional Development
- Understanding of the World
- Expressive Arts
- Physical Development
In Carle Class we have lots of fun learning to share and take turns with all the toys and games. The children learn about the importance of being kind and we try to be friends with everyone. Carle class is our first experience of being in a big school for lots of us, so we are learning to be independent and make our own choices.
Our room is organised into different areas. In the Maths Area, there are number activities to do. In our Creative Area, we can paint, cut, stick, print and make collages, models and pictures. In our Understanding of the World Area, we can play with objects from different countries, explore with magnifiers and use mirrors and magnets. We also like to learn about lots of different festivals and celebrations from around the world.
Outside our classroom, we have our own garden area (which we share with Donaldson class) to play in and where we can do lots of activities. We have bikes to ride on, water and sand trays to investigate and lots of space to play with bats and balls.
We hope you have enjoyed reading all about our class. We have a Carle gallery on this website, where you will be able to see a collection of photographs taken throughout the year of activities and lessons that we have enjoyed
Please click to open
Comments From Our Community…
- My child is making excellent progress. Very happy with ethos of school. Very dedicated staff – excellent leadership team.
- Very happy with my son’s development at the school. Great staff, lovely school with a lovely atmosphere.
- Best decision I made.
- Very pleased with my son’s progression in his speech, as this was my biggest concern coming into a new school.
- He loves coming in each day.