Proud of our uniform, proud of our community!
A child wearing the Beddington Park Primary School uniform knows that they are part of a unique and wonderful community! The culture of ‘Politeness, Manners and Respect’ permeates throughout everything that we do here, and so often our children have recognised for their sensible and courteous behaviour, both within the school and also whenever out on school visits and activities! Our uniform identifies us as part of a special team, and we wear it with pride!
Our bespoke, embroidered, emerald green jumpers, together with cardigans, polo shirts and optional book bags, can be obtained directly from the website of our suppliers, Gooddies. The embroidered, house coloured PE shirts and the red sweatshirts and polo shirts that our nursery children wear can also be obtained from Gooddies.
We aim to make the acquisition of uniform as straightforward as possible!
This page details all that you should need to obtain everything quickly and without fuss. If you need any further clarification, or would like to talk through the ordering process, please feel free to contact Miss Simpson in our school office!
The current uniform is as follows:
(Please ensure that all uniform is clearly marked with the name of your child)
- Embroidered jade green sweatshirt
- Embroidered jade green cardigan
- Jade green polo shirt
- Mid-grey shorts/trousers/skirts/pinafores
- White, black or grey socks/tights
- Black school shoes (not boots)
- Light green summer dresses of the approved design (light green and white check)
- The embroidered school book bag is recommended but not compulsory
A bag should be provided for PE kit which should be kept in school at all times, Monday to Friday. All long hair should be tied back. A band should be provided for this purpose.
- Bespoke house coloured T-shirt with badge. Depending on size, you may be able to order this directly from the school.
- Black shorts
- Black Plimsolls
- Trainers for outdoor PE
- Children may bring a tracksuit if any PE sessions are planned for outdoors in winter months .
Swimming (applies to Years Three, Four, Five and Six)
Swimming Kit (years 3, 4, 5 and 6):
- Boys: ‘Speedo’ type swimwear (not loose shorts).
- Girls: One piece swimming costume.
- A plain coloured swimming hat must be worn by either gender if hair is shoulder length or longer.
- Children chosen to represent the school in sports teams will provided with team kits to wear for the duration of their participation.
- Full sized towel
Boys and Girls:
- School specific red jumper or cardigan, embroidered with the school logo
- Jogging bottoms in a plain colour
- Shoes with velcro fastenings
- Wellington boots
The wearing of jewellery is not generally recommended. Where parents and carers decide that they wish their child to wear jewellery to school, they do so on the understanding that all such items are brought into school at the parent/carer’s own risk. Only the following types of jewellery may worn at school:
- Plain, round gold or silver coloured earring studs. Earrings must be able to be removed by the child when undertaking PE or swimming activities.
- A simple, inexpensive watch.
- No make-up, nail varnish are permitted for children.
- If your child is required to wear an alternative piece of jewellery in order to fulfil medical or faith needs, please make an appointment with the Executive Headteacher or Deputy Executive Headteacher in order to discuss this prior to your child wearing the item.
Only year six children whose parents have informed the school, in writing, that they wish their child to walk home may bring in a mobile phone. Parents should note that phones are brought into school at their own risk, and that the school cannot be held liable for any loss or damage. It is strongly recommended that any phone brought to school should be simple and inexpensive. The phone should be handed in to the member of staff on duty at the school gate. They can be retrieved at the end of the day.
All mobile phones are brought in at the risk of the parent/carer of the child concerned.
To order Uniform
Our supplier of the elements of uniform bespoke to our school (see below) is Gooddies. Their website can be accessed directly from this link.
The Gooddies site should be used to order:
- The embroidered green jumper and cardigan, together with the jade green polo shirt.
- The embroidered red jumper and the red polo shirt for our nursery.
- An embroidered book bag. Whilst this is not obligatory, it is a convenient and effective way for your child to carry equipment, and, as such, is an option which is taken up by many children.
Uniform can be delivered to the school free of charge or at a cost of £6.50 direct to your home. Orders will take up to three weeks to be delivered as all items are embroidered to order.
If you are experiencing financial difficulty and are concerned about affording a school uniform, please feel free to speak to Miss Simpson in the school office to arrange an appropriately confidential discussion.
We look forward to seeing you child looking smart in their new school uniform! Should you have any queries, or need any further information, please feel free to contact Miss Simpson.
Comments From Our Community…
My child is making excellent progress. Very happy with ethos of school. Very dedicated staff – excellent leadership team.
Very happy with my son’s development at the school. Great staff, lovely school with a lovely atmosphere.
Best decision I made.
Very pleased with my son’s progression in his speech, as this was my biggest concern coming into a new school.
He loves coming in each day.