Coronavirus (COVID-19). School closed from 3.20pm Friday 20th March 2020 until further notice
Following Government directive, the school will be closed from the end of day Friday, until further notice. Please continue to monitor the situation here and we will post updates if and when they happen.
We remain open for children of key workers, please see below for information regarding this.
Key Worker children
The government has published a list of key workers. However, parents/carers must not assume that the school can accommodate their child. Below, we have attached a form for parents/carers to complete as soon as possible and email to the school office, if they are seeking care for their children during the school closure. We will require evidence of your key worker employment role alongside this.
Before completing this from, please check the the latest Government advice, which can be found here.The government’s advice makes it clear that parents/carers are asked to keep their children at home wherever possible. The fewer children making the journey to school and the fewer children in educational settings, the lower the risk that the virus can spread and infect the wider society.
Many thanks for your understanding.
PHE and NHS advice
Given the current climate, we thought you might find it reassuring to know the steps that we are taking to help facilitate everyone’s safety and to assist in the government Delay strategy. To this end then:
- We are using anti-viral wipes to wipe down handles and surfaces three times each day.
- We are encouraging children to wash their hands after going to the toilet and each class teacher has delivered a lesson on how to do this properly.
- We are dispensing antibacterial gel to children’s hands each time they return to a classroom (after going to the toilet and after break and lunchtimes).
- We are dispensing antibacterial gel to children’s hands before they eat.
- Our cleaners have undertaken training in best practice in light of the current Coronavirus outbreak.
- The school has sent a letter to all parents and carers, which can also be read here.
- As a matter of precaution, we asking visitors to sanitise their hands as they visit the school.
With very best wishes,
Beddington Park Primary School